Well, guys, I'm happy to report that I've been on a writing streak. After getting clogged up in sheer lack of creativity through all of February, I've broken through at last, and, hoo-wee, is the poetic air nice. (Funny thing is, a lot of other my fellows authors got stuck in writing oblivion last month too...I guess the return of flu-season brought along an anti-author virus as well... ;))
Unfortunately, the ideas that I'm spawning are spewing absolutely everywhere and making a mess of my frantic life. I've actually taken to carrying around my mom's iPhone because I get inspired to write huge blocks of text in the most random of places (e.g. while blow-drying my hair, in a half-way translated Latin sentence, and, of course, at night in bed), and a notebook and pen just aren't mobile enough.
All that to say, my writing life has been excellent!
Now, what about you guys?
In case if you haven't had any success with your own writing businesses, I've got a writing challenge for you, to loosen up all the stiff, creativity ground...so, without further ado:
What elements would you put in a jail-break scene?
Suspense? How would you build up suspense? Would you include a battle between the guards and the prisoners? Would the prisoners be successful? What would be necessary to escape from a locked cell? Would there be preparation involved, or would the escape be spontaneous?
Write the scene and copy it to the comment box below, or just comment with a few ideas. :) Any and all thoughts are winners. ^.^
Write on!
Clove
No comments:
Post a Comment