Right now, I'm just a fledgling.
I have no crown or ring.
They call me Ugly Duckling,
but that name's incomplete.
I might still cling to pondweed.
I might have small, gray wings,
but under-estimate me
and straight-up wrong you'll be.
I'm "shy" - because I'm busy
seeking victory.
I'm "weird" - because I'm absent
chasing silver dreams.
I don't have time for playing.
I don't have days to sing,
for, soon, I'll take to flying
with broad, white, glossy wings.
And, when I'm in the sky,
I'll see my home below.
I'll see young ugly ducks like me
and call to them hello.
And, unlike all of you,
whose pleasure will be spent,
who cannot understand
our thought-provoking bend,
I'll know the pain they feel.
I'l feel the laughter gone.
I'll show to them what they'll become:
like me, a regal swan.
Write on!
Clove
No comments:
Post a Comment