9.18.2015

Writing Pictures

Guys, I got to one of the most exciting scenes of my story, and yet, agonizingly, I haven't been able to write it because, when I'm not studying for exams or handling normal homework, I'm training in the art of resume-writing and am finishing up my slough of college application essays.  I haven't picked up my violin in weeks, aside from when I have to for orchestra; I haven't contacted many of my long-distance friends in months; I basically only emerge from the office for food and sleep.

Yes, yes, I know, it's a matter of priority over time, bla bla bla...

BUT THINK ABOUT HOW MUCH TIME THESE TOP PRIORITIES TAKE.

Microeconomics, ladies and gentlemen

Anyway, since I haven't been able to write any but have still wanted to keep up this blog, here are some of my favorite writing pictures of all time:





This one is for Jace.  :3

Hehe, anyway...

On a more serious note, though, if you're also having a hard time coping with the future like I am, I've learned that it's helpful to keep three things in mind:
     1.) Don't ever feel like you have to conform to the world's standards of time.  If you want to wait until you're an adult to go to college, then do that.  Better yet, if you feel like your skill sets don't require you to go to college to learn stuff that you could learn faster and more easily by reading the right books, then don't go to college.  If, deep inside, you really only want to attend two years of college so you can devote more time to starting a viable business and creating music and touring the world to eat all the delicious foods and acquire all the fantastic fashions, then...well...then you're probably me.
     You know what?  Never mind.
     2.) Be proactive.  Coping with the future means that you don't wait around for someone else to tell you what to do with your life.  Think about what makes you happiest and go do that.  Even in cases where you have no control, like with scores and grades and whatnot, you can still control your own anxiety.  Start there.
     3.) If all else fails, playing this song on repeat and stress running and stress eating gingersnaps and home-made applesauce always help.

Write on!
Clove

No comments:

Post a Comment