3.30.2016

C.S. Lewis Writing Advice...and more other stuff

My last post was just over a week ago.

Crazy how much life can change within that time period...

So.  Scholarships.  What happened?
I didn't get either of them.  XP  I'm not surprised with the scholarship for the tech school, because my competitors were flipping incredible, but I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get the other scholarship, as I felt very confident about that one.  As a condolence, the latter college said I'm first on the waiting list in case if some genius got a better offer at a better school and didn't want their full ride, so that was nice-ish, I guess.  (I don't want to even go there anymore, so the condolence is, in reality, empty to me...  :\)
That said, I'm glad I had the opportunity to interview as a fresh little seventeen year old girl.  :P  The experience was both thrilling and humbling, and I had a kick out of competing for forty whopping thousand dollars anyway.  In the meanwhile (i.e. over the last twenty-four hours), I've submitted applications for a few jobs to pay off dem titanic-sized student loans, hue hue hue, so, if I disappear off the face of the planet, welp, I've officially joined the ranks of those broke college students, going to a tech school that's out of my league.  XP

In the meanwhile, I've been rethinking a lot of my writing style and plot arcs recently.  I'll write a sufficient post later about how I've evolved over the last two-ish years and will hopefully announce one final story change before I buckle down (I'm serious this time) and start churning out chapters.  ;)

In the meanwhile, I read this article filled with C.S. Lewis quotes the other day and loved it, so I thought I'd share.  Enjoy, lovely people.  :)

Write on!
Clove

No comments:

Post a Comment