9.19.2013

What I Hear - Tiptoe

I got a request from the eccentric and peppy Cofake to do a WIH on Tiptoe.  My first thoughts from a musical stand-point were something like...

THE70'SAREBACKFORSLAUGHTERANDDESTRUCTION.EVERYONERUNFORYOURSANITYANDLIIIVES.

Seriously.  This sounds like...Axel F or Rockit or...something from my parents' generation that belongs in a move like Top Gun.  >.<  Radioactive was ten times cooler.  x)

As for lyrics...
Well...
She recommended them for a reason.
WHAT lyrics?!

Ladies and gentlemen, smurfs and minions, introducing...

Tiptoe by Imagine Dragons

In the morning I let my roots take flight
Watch me fall
A boat?
Like a 'licious Dove*

They don't see me come
'O' can blame them
Hei** never seems to cash my eye
But I never wonder why

Owl, fall asleep
Owl, fold the sleeve

Hiy-ah!  No manna
No, we're coming
Hiy-ah!  Tip toe, hiy-ah!
Texas town too
Sin the dark, keep your head down low
Hiy-ah!  Tip toe, hiy-ah!

From this wicked peel
See the morning dew
Think into the store
Watch the water pour

They won't see me row
'O' can blame them

Hei never looked to see me fly
So I never had to lie

Owl, fall asleep
Owl, fold the sleeve


Hiy-ah!  No manna
No, we're coming
Hiy-ah!  Tip toe, hiy-ah!
Texas town too
Sin the dark, keep your head down low
Hiy-ah!  Tip toe, hiy-ah!

Nobody elves
Nobody elves
Nobody elves
Can take me higher
Nobody elves
Can take me higher
Nobody elves
Can take me higher
Nobody elves

Hiy-ah!  No manna
No, we're coming
Hiy-ah!  Tip toe, hiy-ah!
Texas town too
Sin the dark, keep your head down low
Hiy-ah!  Tip toe, hiy-ah!


Hiy-ah!  No manna
No, we're coming
Hiy-ah!  Tip toe, hiy-ah!
Texas town too
Sin the dark, keep your head down low
Hiy-ah!  Tip toe, hiy-ah!

*I assume he means the chocolate Dove.
**Hei, a character from Darker Than Black, an anime.


(On another note, this epic character [at least for the first seasons...] inspired me to create Jaug Sykes for my current story.  Muahaha, I totally thought Millis was going to be my favorite, but I think Jaug beats him by a few long ebony strands of hair.  More on that to come.  :))

Write on!
Clove

2 comments:

  1. First of all, thanks for letting me know about this on my break from class. Very considerate of you, and that was a five minute window.
    Second, I happen to love this song.
    Third, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Their accents aren't really helping them out here- at least, I think they're accents... hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, love teh timing. x)

      And yeah, I really couldn't tell at all what they were saying. It took me like ten times listening it over to just get the second verse, lol. >.< Oh, for the fun with writing and music. XD

      Delete