11.17.2013

Abbriev.

Salve, poeti!

I don't know if you're an author like me who carries a notebook and pen around everywhere.  Between restaurants and shopping malls and overheard quotes, my brain is at a loss to pick up and put to memory every single detail.

The result?


Voila.
(That page is only one in many.  I'm not exaggerating here, amicae and amici; you have my word.)

I write on the go, while waiting in lines, at school (shhh...), in the car, at meals, and in my bed at night.  In that manner, I waste no time and don't have to "get into the writing groove" to start writing.  After all, my computer and documents are only every so often available to a busy little me.

Keeping in theme with productivity, I've come up with a LOT of abbreviations for little mental notes to myself.  Generally, I'll be writing, writing, writing, and then something, some word or phrase, will strike me odd, but I won't have the materials at hand to answer said oddity, so I'll draw a tiny arrow and make a tiny note.  Sooo...if you're like me, feel free to steal and put these to use!  :)

(The first space shows what I write, the second space shows what the abbrieviation stands for, the third space shows what it means.)
- SYN - synonym - "Look up a synonym for this word later."
- RW - right word? - "Is this the right word?"
- RP - right phrase? - "Is this the right phrase?"
- DP - description paragraph - "Put in a description paragraph here when you're in the mood."
- S - spelling - "Check the spelling."
- '-' - tab - "Enter a tab here."
- 'P' - paragraph return - "Enter a paragraph return here."
- CP - check previous - "Check the document for previous recordings of the word or phrase to validate accuracy."  (Generally, this has to do with age.  e.g. Was he 26 or 27?)

Hope that was helpful!

Write on!
Clove

2 comments:

  1. So I'm not the only one! Do you get people looking over your shoulder when you write in your notebook? Random strangers are always looking over my shoulder on the train. :) A bit embarrassing when your writing in abbreviations and half-sentences! :) And I am always writing during school! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! YES. Plus, as you can see in the picture, I write two lines for every one printed line there is, so strangers come up and say, "Oh my gosh! How do you write so small!"
      I'm like, "Well...the story IS 112 pages..." XD

      Delete