Have a very, very short synopsis and then take a load of my observations:
The first book of the Hunger Games scenario starts out with a cute family of three girls - Mom, older sister Katniss, and younger sister Prim, who happens to be chosen as a gladiator in a death match for kids. Katniss volunteers in place of her sister and, voila, story, story, story, death, death, death, blood, blood, blood. Towards the end of the gladiator match, she and Peeta Mellark, another combatant who loves her devotedly, are the final two survivors. They decide to eat poisonous berries together and commit suicide rather than live alone, which causes the government (who started the games) to say that there is a change in the rules and that two victors are allowed. They survive and live happily ever after.
BUT.
Second book. The known "world", split into Districts, then takes Katniss and Peeta's suicide attempt as a sign of rebellion against the government; the Districts rebel themselves. With some subtle, intricate manipulating, the government is made to do exactly everything that they think would stop the rebellion, but all that happens is...yep, you guessed it: more rebellion. As part of their effort to stop the rebellion, the government decides to hold another gladiator match with combatants who have previously won. (Do you not understand why they'd do that, or how it would help stop the rebellion? Yeah, well, NEITHER DID THEY.) Katniss and Peeta are, again, thrown into another fight to the death and MORE story. Yay for derth! It's EBWEEWARE! It's EBREEWUN! DERTH DERTH DERRRTH!!! GYAHAHAHAHAHahzzz...
...
Okay...now...have you guys seen the movie? No? Well, once it comes out for rent, and you get it for a dollar, here's some things to think about:
Katniss is the equivalent of...
Amy Lee of Evanescence
~ ~ ~
Brutus is the equivalent of...
The Heavy from Team Fortress 2
~ ~ ~
Beetee is the equivalent of...
Eugene from Adventures in Oddessey
~ ~ ~
Peeta is the equivalent of...
Everyone's bloody favorite puppy dog
~ ~ ~
Gale is the equivalent of...
Ahem.
~ ~ ~
Haymitch is the equivalent of...
BAD INFLUENCE ON TEENS, MITCHY-BOY
~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~
And last but not least...
Thread is the equivalent of...
"BAHCUZ IM BATMUN."
Come on...you totally know what I mean, right?
I was just sitting there, waiting for him to say it in that low, husky Batman voice of his.
~ ~ ~
Peeta is the equivalent of...
Everyone's bloody favorite puppy dog
~ ~ ~
Gale is the equivalent of...
Ahem.
~ ~ ~
Haymitch is the equivalent of...
BAD INFLUENCE ON TEENS, MITCHY-BOY
~ ~ ~
Effie is the equivalent of...
THE RESURRECTION OF MILEY CIRUS MILLENNIUMS AFTER SHE DIED~ ~ ~
And last but not least...
Thread is the equivalent of...
"BAHCUZ IM BATMUN."
Come on...you totally know what I mean, right?
I was just sitting there, waiting for him to say it in that low, husky Batman voice of his.
So there you have it.
Write on!
Clo--
...hah...
Okay, okay, I guess I have to say SOMETHING about the book/movie. Look, for a movie that good this much hype and such grand reception, I can't criticize it or risk being assassinated by ten thousand fangirls. Even a ninja so great as myself has her limits, and, with a near-fractured leg and a cough, I'm not doing too hot. Furthermore, I enjoyed both the book and the movie, the latter of which hardly deviated at all from the book. A few minor things were changed for time's sake, and very little was left out. If you're super picky, then you might not like it, but I thought it made one wicked film - the intensity was high with less sorrow than the first (which, in my opinion, was an improvement), the costuming was amazing, and, of course, the pantheon of actors in the film did an excellent job.
HOWEVER...
If there's one thing I'm going to rant about, it's all summed up in one phrase:
"I wish the Hunger Games were real."
*sighs*
I...
Wow...just...wow.
Why?
Do you want to learn how to survive?
Do you want the lethal romance?
Do you want to kill?
Guys, one of the main POINTS in the Hunger Games is that MINDLESS KILLING AND KILLING AS A THREAT IS EVIL. Didn't get it the first time? Here it is again:
MINDLESS KILLING AND KILLING AS A THREAT IS EVIL.
(In fact, it's not killing at that point; it's murder.)
If you have your list of enemies that you want reaped in your fantasy version of the Hunger Games, well, I can promise that that will totally change when you get into the battlefield. Life is a gift from GOD. Do you, in your blind rage, really want to take that away? Irreversibly?! Furthermore, do you think that life is yours to take? How about this: do you want the chance to prove your love to a significant other by killing someone else? Do you think that the bond of love can be better forged in life-or-death situations?
Battle is different from the glorious montage of screaming and blood and dramatic Hans Zimmer music that media portrays it to be, boys and girls. Battle hurts and scars and tears apart, and pride is the pointless beginning for all wars.
If you write about war, I really hope that you don't write with the idea that killing is consequent-less and murder brings peace. If you're a fangirl and think Catching Fire is to die for, well, good for you, but, if I read another Hunger-Games-wanna-be with the ideal that says murder is satisfying, I will VOMIT.
Heh.
Okay.
Phew...
I'm good now; calling it a night. :)
Write on...PEACEFULLY!
Clove
















Did you see the movie yet? And this is good. Especially how you compared the characters to other people. :D If you did see the movie, do you recommend it? I haven't seen it yet and I can't say I really want to....
ReplyDeleteI told you this was going to be a load of my opinions, not a review... >_> Hehehe, but if you're seriously asking, I'd say if you HAVE read the trilogy and you HAVE seen the first movie, go ahead and watch the second movie in theaters. I have seen it, and it's definitely worth the experience. If you haven't finished the trilogy or if you haven't seen the first one, do those first and wait for the movie to come out on rent while you do. :)
DeleteYou said it, chum.
ReplyDeleteLoved the TF2 reference, by the way. Near cracked me up.
Hehe, thanks. x)
DeleteFunniest thing ever. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteHahah, thanks. x)
Delete