Hey one, hey all, welcome back! :)
Of course, you all have already met my energetic male protagonist Millis here, so I won't say much more on him. I'm hoping that his personality came out a little more as you read the chapter, but, like many others, he'll be back again and again, so, if you don't understand him now, just wait. His back-story shall be explained soon enough... *evil laugh*
Hyn, on the other hand, I talked about very little in my last section of author's notes, so I suppose it's time I discussed him here.
Originally, I got inspiration for Hyn off of Nathaniel T., a friend of a friend's older brother. x) Our whole meeting process was as strange as it probably sounds, but he left quite the impression on me in that he was able to smoothly get anyone and everyone to laugh. I mean, honestly, we hadn't even gotten past introductions when I was clutching my sides, no joke.
![]() |
| He's in the back to the right with that massive smile. |
My reaction to such an alive character?
As I was building Hyn, I admit that I did indeed get inspiration off of Disney... *gasps* After all, Hyn's the stereotypical cocky hero, and, in a small way, he reminded me a good bit of Flynn Rider from Tangled.
In the end, however, I still haven't found the right cast for Hyn. The pictures that I find are always slightly off somehow - brown eyes, the wrong build, or brown hair.
...so.
If you could take all of the correct elements:
![]() |
| Blue eyes... |
![]() |
| ...a proper build... |
![]() |
| ...and blond hair... |
...and mash them all together, you'd get Hyn.
Moving right along, I mention briefly a girl named Rea, who is Hyn and Millis' intelligence agent. She's pretty young - about fourteen - and, for right now, she's not that important. Later on, though...
*even more evil laugh*
Last but not least, you have Millis and Hyn's mysterious employer, who...well...I can't tell you who HE is, now can I?
*most evil laugh*
I hope you guys liked the chapter! Feedback and edits are always appreciated. Also, if missed a chapter or two or three, feel free to leave a comment telling me so, and I'll find a way to get you all filled in.
Write on!
Clove








I think I have a phantom crush on that first girl.
ReplyDeleteThey're actually both the same girl. x) I was browsing through a photographer's pictures when I stumbled across her, but, unfortunately, I can't give photo or name credit because I couldn't find the same photographer, and the girl's name wasn't on the site.
DeleteEither way, she's EXACTLY as I envisioned Rea. ^_^
Okay, first off, the first picture with all the guys in the suspenders is amazing. (I love suspenders, bow ties, and fezzes….:D) And second of off, it seems you don’t really have a model for Hyn…so try googling 1) Bradley James 2) Tom Hooper 3) Dan Stevens. (I had Tom Hooper envisioned in my head as Hyn when I was reading. Oh, and all of them are British…:D) And Rea is really cute! ;) I really liked Chapter 4….can’t wait for Chapter 5. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteAhaha, I looked at Bradley James, but I think his jaw is to square-ish. Also, Tom Hooper and Dan Stevens are...a tid-bit old. :D Hyn is only twenty, and he tends to look more youthful. Sad, but this world seems to have a shortage of handsome, blond-haired, blue-eyed actors. XD
DeleteMerry Christmas to you too! Enjoy your visit at Texas and MAKE SURE TO GET THE OTHER TWO MYSTERIOUS BENEDICT SOCIETY BOOKS!!! XD
Yes…I ran in to that problem too- the lack of blond-haired blue-eyed actors…:) I will enjoy Texas (especially the warm, sunny weather! :D) And I have already read the second Mysterious Benedict Society book…I’m on the third one! I really enjoyed it! Merry Xmas!
ReplyDeleteHaha, yayayay! When you finish the trilogy, you should write a review on it. :)
Delete