5.23.2013

I'll do this someday...

School's out and with it went my juicy brain ideas.  I've done practically nothing all day (except for getting my violin skills beat up and trashed and torn apart in an agonizing hour from one of the most horribly strict and extraordinarily musical violin masters in the world).

Instead of writing, I was (nursing my violin skills' ego back to health and) musing about an interesting idea I've seen over and over in anime.

Here it is in a nutshell:
1.) The character plot begins with a handful of protagonists protecting and encouraging a main character who doesn't deserve their protection and encouragement.
2.) The character plot moves on to where the main character earns the protagonists' respect by defeating a large cast of minor antagonists in such a way as that the minor antogonists also recognize something respect-worthy in the main character.
3.) In the final "big battle," both minor antagonists and protagonists sacrifice to help the main character who must fight against the ultimate antagonist.  Of course, the main character wins in the end.

I'm generally a realistic, dystopian sort of author, so the big, bold, heroic idea of doing this character plot is majorly intimidating.
However...
*starry eyes*
It just looks so stinking good in the anime!

Bahahah, someday, I'll manage to get my readers to love my characters as much as they do Naruto...or their favorite Bleach character...or their favorite Pokemon character.  Someday.

Ciao!
Clove
P.S. If you've ever done this character plot before, I. want. your. story.  ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment