I'm frequently told I'm a geek.
I have glasses, I'm Asian, I play piano and violin, and even more: I enjoy writing.
"Writing? You like writing?"
Yes, I like writing.
Actually, no, I don't.
I love writing.
In a sad, sad world where teenagers use lol's, rofl's, and ttyl's in copious amounts, honest, powerful writing has become hard to find. Some can be found hiding from this by resorting to the classics--J.R.R. Tolkein, C.S. Lewis, or Shakespeare. Others conform. Others leave literature and writing in the dust.
But a remnant renew and refresh, adapting to the needs of jaded readers, by writing from their own culture with their own experiences. These are the authors that soar.
Among such authors can be found Suzanne Collins, who wrote the Hunger Games series, J.K. Rowling, who wrote the Harry Potter series, and Stephanie Meyer, who wrote the Twilight series. Each of the aforementioned ladies experienced a life of their own and wrote down their fierce emotions into a web of characters.
That is what real writing is. Not a mandatory subject from school, not a simple mode of communication, not just another word in a dictionary. No...
Real writing is a way to convey emotion.
I mean, think about it. How many hairs did you pull when (SPOILER) you realized Quirrell was the bad guy, not Snape in the Sorcerer's Stone? And how many tears did you cry when (SPOILER) Rue was killed? How many more when Finnick was killed? How many more when Prim was killed? How badly did you want to go find you life partner when you saw the struggle of love and fear enfold between Bella and Edward?
That was emotion, not mere words.
That is also why I love writing.
It's not a task.
It's an adventure!
God gave us a complex arrangement of opinions and presuppositions; He gives us trials and gives us blessings; we feel both bad and good; we love to be heard, to be listened to, and I shout my messages, my emotions, my life-story off the wings of my words.
Write on!
Clove
No comments:
Post a Comment