5.28.2013

Outline Part 1

I've been extremely hesitant to give this out because I'm certain it will change.  Having gotten over my hesitations, the disclaimer's out now - I'm not responsible for any un-outlined plot twists, accidental character deaths, or sudden, blooming romances.  ;)
So saying.

The story begins on September 11, 3414 with Deidre Keane reading a history tome for school.
(*collective gasp*  What is SHE doing there?!  Well, I liked her and Skain's character profiles, but the story I put her in was...less than satisfactory.  I still intend to use her character in a later novel, only with a completely different outline.  She'll be back.  :))
Deidre reads about the history of Excellia, namely how poisonous GMO's had taken over the known world and Excellia had used an antidote against the toxic plants to control the common people.  She reads at the very end of a "revolution...freeing mankind from the shackles of their own creation."

Time warp, and we're back in December 9, 3013 right before the actual revolution.
Millis gets the first chapter - he assassinates Hassan Ikolvii, basically to show his occupation and personality.  I posted part of that chapter here.

Patrya gets the second chapter - she is attending a party where she is warned by Syne (our beloved antagonist and also the son of one of Excellia's four leaders) that her love relationship with a male named Myreap may be a catalyst to civil war.  Why?  Imagine a Romeo and Juliet scenario, only Romeo's the son of one of Excellia's leaders and Juliet's the daughter of one of Excellia's leaders.  Between a load of conspiracies, Patrya is believed to be playing Myreap, and Myreap is believed to be playing Patrya.
Their parents, needless to say, aren't happy.
Other factors combine with that dilemma so that Patrya and Myreap's parents are at the brink of civil war.  Syne warns unwitting Patrya of all this and threatens her at the end of the chapter, that if she doesn't keep her relationship low, he may have to exterminate her.
For the good of Excellia, of course.  :)

Millis gets the third chapter - I introduce his best friend Hyn in this chapter, show their camaraderie and mutual trust, and have a mysterious figure hire Millis to kill one of Excellia's four leaders.  (The leader he is hired to kill is NOT Patrya or Myreap or Syne's father.)  The amount of money Millis is offered is immense, and he accepts, finishing the job.  (I'm thinking the job will be off-scene, and it will be understood that he carried out his task without any problems.)

Pleibea gets the fourth chapter - I'm still debating as to how I'm going to do this.  (I think I'm on my third re-write...ugh.  :))  The basic factors are that a.) Pleibea's a slave, has an older brother and a complicated family history b.) due to a message she and her fellow slaves had received from a government leader, telling them to go on strike, well...they're on strike c.) Pleibea is arrested by government officials, causing large confusion because she was commanded by the government to go on strike in the first place.  She struggles and is knocked out.
When she wakes up, she's about to be hung with several others.  Tarkin, Patrya's father, makes a speech before the hanging, reinstating that slaves are NOT to rebel.  He is stopped by Syne (muahaha) who makes a claim for freedom and stabs Tarkin, freeing the slaves.

I think that's a good place to stop.
If I haven't bored you to death with blocks of text, congratulations.  You really are a devoted fan.  *blush of honor*
But don't worry.
I'll be back with more blocks of text and can kill you then.  ;)

Write on!
Clove

No comments:

Post a Comment