Pleibea gets the fourteenth chapter -After obtaining information (I have yet to decide whether it's through Millis or someone from Millis' mercenary school) as to what gives Ragers (those who Rager are called, duh, Ragers) their power, Pleibea suggests that Millis and she fly back to Chymea, retrieve Hyn's corpse, and bring him back to life.
After all, Ragers are merely humans, given an injection that spikes their adrenal glands. With that extra boost of power, they are then trained to focus on superhuman fighting abilities. Millis agrees to give it a shot, and the two leave.
(Syne, meanwhile, is busy locating their base and dealing with the press concerning his kidnapped bride. Patrya, meanwhile, is busy keeping Syne busy with false alarms as to her whereabouts.)
Now obviously, reader, you can't raise someone from the dead, but heck, this is sci-fi, and I'm the author, and I simply liked Hyn too much to kill him. Besides, my protagonists need their army (which they also get), and well...
Patrya gets the fifteenth chapter - And well...upon Hyn's return, Patrya is put into utter, emotionally devastating shame. Tsk, tsk. She made him her champion, and he ends up as a (temporary) invalid. (Corpses, after all, do happen to have some physical disadvantages. But he'll get better; no worries.) Through an emotional and semi-romantic roller coaster, Patrya comes to her senses and realizes what unconditional love is.
Even though Hyn was killed, even though he was wounded, unconditional love rose him from the dead, and he loves her the same, no matter what.
Now read that again, only replace "Hyn" with "Jesus Christ," "her" with "me," and capitalize every "he" and "him." Yeah? Yeahhh?!
Even though Jesus Christ was killed, even though He was wounded, unconditional love rose Him from the dead, and He loves me the same, no matter what.
BOOM.
So there.
Everyone *coughCHLOEcough* who has been so dearly sweating over my pagan dramas can now grab a glass of water and take some chill-pills. :) I told you all it wasn't pagan, didn't I??? You didn't think I could pull it off, but I did. Muahaha, so there. :D
All three, Millis, Pleibea, and Patrya will get bits and pieces of the final chapters - I have yet to really put much thought into these final chapters, merely because there are so many routes I could take, and once I start writing, I know I won't have any problems making up something fun. I know for one thing that all three will be tested to the extreme as they have a final show-down with Syne, and I also know that I'm looking towards an epic John Flannagan/Rick Riordan plot rather than the epic Lord of the Rings type smack-down. I know that (somehow) Vivalee (Pleibea's mother) will come play a positive role and that the other Ragers from Millis' school might make an entrance. Patrya's two siblings will also play roles (minus Percie...he's too young) to show that they have grown up; they are no longer mere children, but instigators, capable of defense and offense. Throughout these chapters, my triumvirate may also eliminate some powers who are aiding Syne.
And speaking of our grand villain, does Syne die?
Well, I don't know yet.
What do you think? Comments below are appreciated. :)
Also, if you've got anything you want to see particularly (or any dialogue), please comment below as well. I have lots of open room to fit interesting plot twists in. :)
Epilogue - After the final encounter, the government is obviously a wreck. It turns into even more of a wreck when other parts of the world revolt against Excellia, clamoring for the antidote. (The antidote to fend off the toxins? Remember it now?) The government gives up within a month, every current Consil and Dibane resigning. A new government is set up, and the logistics of that will wait until I'm feeling political. (Or you could put something realistic in the comment box below and help me out. :))
Millis is left with his extremely unusable set of skills. Now that he's famous and known as an assassin, well, he can't exactly get any good jobs, now can he? However, he and Hyn find their nooks in society when the new government requests brave souls to fend off the last of the toxic mutations that still roam the earth. He has come out the wiser now, knowing that not everything will be in his control, and that, when things are too hard for him, he's got friends to back him up.
Pleibea is set free along with the other slaves and works her same job, only for pay and without the brutalities of slave-dom. She resolves her hatred to her mother by sheer forgiveness; her older brother Jesse, on the other hand, refuses to speak to Vivalee to show the results of divorce, being that NO ONE ENDS UP HAPPY. Ever. So just don't. Pleibea learns the lesson of forgiveness, but I don't intend to draw it out, thus eliminating the stereotypical factor.
Patrya, having her awesomely romantic relationship with Hyn, decides to follow her father's footsteps and study for politics. In her spare time, she deepens her relationship with her siblings and goes back to Chymea, paying off the debt to those who helped her. Patrya ends up stronger by learning self-confidence and unconditional love.
SO.
There.
*wipes forehead of sweat* All done with explaining my wordy outline. It's practically a small book in and of itself, isn't it? Anyway, if you guys see a plot hole I missed, PLEASE put it in the comments box below. Any other comments are welcome too.
Write on!
Clove
P.S. I am at 54 pages, 1/2 inch margins, Palatino font, size 10. I have three completed chapters and about a page done for the other chapters. It'll be a while... :)
Well, that sounds like you've got an interesting plot and some cool characters. I can't wait to read it!
ReplyDeleteHeheh, thanks. I'm interested in seeing how it turns out myself. Already, I've deviated from the outline a good bit. :P
Delete