8.21.2013

What I Hear - Mirrors

So Justin Timbermakes-me-so-crazy-I-think-I'm-going-to-shoot-myself came out with a song a couple months or so ago called "Mirrors".  My older brother and I laugh at the song whenever we hear it on the radio because Justin sings with a slur of sorts and contracts a lot of words that aren't real contractions, making his original lyrics impossible to understand.
Now.
What has this to do with writing, you may ask?
Well, because Justin's singing style is so indistinguishable, I thought I'd do a written caption fail.

(Don't know what a caption fail is?
Watch this:


Teeheehee, those guys are great, aren't they?  I love Julian Smith's face in the window.  XD)

Now the difference is that instead of repeating what Youtube's captions say, I'm going to repeat what I hear.
Literally.
I'm going to write down the lyrics to Justin Timberlake's "Mirrors" as my brain interprets them, word for word.  You can compare my version with the lyrics in the video below and see how I did.
So without further ado, click the button below and follow along.




I'm just something to a mire
Cause you're shining something like a mirror
And I can't help but notice
You're reflect in so hard of mine
If you're ever at home
And the gram makes me hard to fine
Just know that I'm always parallel from the other side

Cause with your hand in my hair
And a pocketful of soap
I can tell you there's no place they could've
Koh???
Just put your hand on my lass
Boy, you gotta play it through
You just gotta be strong
Cause I don't want to lose you now
I'm looking right at the other hat of me
The bigger singer sat on my eye
There's a space
And now you're home
Show me how the fight for now
And I tell you, baby, it was easy
Coming back unto you once I figured it out
You were right here all alone

It's like you're my mirror
Come here
And staring back at me
I couldn't get any bigger
But then he wanted the set of me
And now it's clear as his prom missed that we'll make it
Two reflections and two rum
Cause it's like you're my mirror
Come here
And staring back at me
Staring back at me

Aren't you something?
And original
Cause it doesn't seem to make any sample
And I can't help but stack some cause I see truth some in your eyes
I can't ever change without you
You reflect me, and I love that
Achoo
And if I could, I'd look at us all the time


Cause with your hand in my hair
And a pocketful of soap
I can tell you there's no place they could've
Koh???
Just put your hand on my lass
Boy, you gotta play it through
You just gotta be strong
Cause I don't want to lose you now
I'm looking right at the other hat of me
The bigger singer sat on my eye
There's a space
And now you're home
Show me how the fight for now
And I tell you, baby, it was easy
Coming back unto you once I figured it out
You were right here all alone

It's like you're my mirror
Come here
And staring back at me
I couldn't get any bigger
But then he wanted the set of me
And now it's clear as his prom missed that we'll make it
Two reflections and two rum
Cause it's like you're my mirror
Come here
And staring back at me
Staring back at me

Yes, his story is mystery
Tomorrow's a missed her
Eeek!
I can see elephant looking back at me
Can your eyes on me
Baby, key your eyes on me

Cause I don't want to lose your now
I'm looking right at the other hat of me
The bigger singer sat on my eye
There's a space
And now you're home
Show me how the fight for now
And I tell you, baby, it was easy
Coming back unto you once I figured it out
You were right here all alone

It's like you're my mirror
Come here
And staring back at me
I couldn't get any bigger
But then he wanted the set of me
And now it's clear as his prom missed that we'll make it
Two reflections and two rum
Cause it's like you're my mirror
Come here
And staring back at me
Staring back at me



And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I don't write lyrics as an occupation!  :D  Hope you liked that.  It's been a long day at school, and I needed to laugh, so there you have it.  More will be coming!  *evil chuckle*

Write on!
Clove

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hahaha, thanks. I had a boatload of fun writing it.
      If you have a recommendation for another song, feel free to comment below. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness that was great!! I loved the "Koh" part lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, his story is mystery
    Tomorrow's a missed her
    Eeek!
    I can see elephant looking back at me
    Can your eyes on me
    Baby, key your eyes on me

    That was my favorite part. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! x) The funnest thing about doing this was that I actually didn't know the lyrics beforehand, so I wasn't contriving something to be funny. I literally sat down, listened to the song for five seconds, paused it, and wrote down what I thought I had heard. :D

      Delete