Recently, I've had to do a lot of boring writing assignments for school.
Sad sadness.
Normally, the phrase "sad sadness" and "writing assignments" don't ever come within fifty words of each other, but unfortunately, that rule of thumb isn't the case in my current life. This is a blog devoted to my writing, so let it be known that I love, love, love to write. Getting a boring writing assignment is like when a teacher is reading her favorite student's Homeric simile, and I'm talking about the student who always brings her the shiniest, reddest apple, and then an evil Communist lord takes the Homeric simile and burns the page in front of the teacher's face for sheer cruelty's pleasure.
It's horrrrrrrrible.
I'm a sophomore now.
(Where is the second 'o' in sophomore? >.<)
In Greek, the word is 'sophizesthai', which means, ‘devise' or 'become wise.’
Become wise by being bored?
I won't go into details, but some of my assignments that I'm doing in Grade 10, I was doing in Grade 1.
And I skipped Kindergarden, guys.
Do you get what this meeeaaans??? I'M DOING KINDERGARDEN WORK.
(McDonald's theme plays - ba dah ba ba baaah, I'm luvin' it.)
But as sad sadness as it is and as much as I hate to say this, the title of this post applies to me and to you, reader, whenever we get suckishly easy writing assignments.
If you don't like it, then do it.
One of the reasons why I love writing so much is because I often overlook its hard work despite the fact that hard work does exist in the life of any author. Unfortunately, like with all things, practice is necessary. There are some areas, like written story analyses, where I need to do more reps until I'm can do them in half a minute instead of a minute; you get where I'm coming from?
...
Aggghhh...this isn't helping.
Let's just put this down to a Clove-is-being-geeky-again-because-she'stired-of-getting-her-week's-Literature-homework-done-in-half-an-hour case.
...
*sighs dramatically*
As I myself write onwards with insanely sad assignments, I challenge you, fellow author, to pick up hard (*coughBORINGcough*) writing assignments, may it be description paragraphs, smooth dialogue, or poetry. (*coughcough* Yes, you know who you are. ;))
And as that sports company says:
JUST DO IT.
Write on!
Clove
"Ba da ba da da dahthat's copyrighted..."
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ryan Higa. :D
Delete