11.30.2013

CHAPTER 3 - Author's Notes

So...what...is...up, peoples?  Everyone have a good Thanksgiving?

So let's get right to it:
--Patra Aurelianus - Her full name was gotten from the Latin word "patricius" or "having a noble father" and Ambrosius Aurelianus, an English military commander who I learned about in history this year.  She was casted off of myself, but, no, I'm not putting up any pictures since I already did in my last post.  x)
--Misha - My dad suggested this name.  Super original, I know.  I casted Misha off of Rachel S., one of my friends from Texas.

Isn't she gorgeous?

Rachel possesses the slenderness and beauty that I wanted Misha to own.  It all works out.  :)

--Catt - One of my brother's closest friends is named Cat, and I thought I'd honor his friend by naming this character...Catt.  I casted Catt, last minute, off of Scarlett Pomers because she has red hair and...that's about it.  (If you're curious, neither Catt nor Misha are going to make an entrance again...I think.)



--Syne Pryor - I named Syne off of the word "sin" and the mathematical function because all three are equally evil and yet such a serious part of this world.  For some reason, I can't remember why I gave Syne the last name "Pryor", but we have plenty of time to discuss him.  He'll be back, no worries.  x)
As for his cast...
Well, guys, if you know anything about me, you'll know I'm totally in love with the philosophical, psychotic killer: Zolf J. Kimblee, a hard-core, anime alchemist whose favorite weapon is C-4...or...any other explosive you can think of.  Needless to say, he snuck his way as inspiration into this story, and, as I've yet to find any other real-life cast who is better, I'll just post a handful of pictures of the anime character:


He's in the back of the car...


I think Zolf works as a cast for Syne because he has a certain "sleazy" look that accompanies an intelligent, fox-like eye.  Both Zolf and Syne know how to be gentle and endearing for an act, but both can also ruthlessly kill, and, behind their scheming masks, there is a world of sadistic pleasure that makes them ultimate villains.

--Myreap - Hah...okay, so about Myreap.  My dad read the chapter and asked me, "Who'd you cast Myreap off of?"  After all, Myreap is pretty good looking, right?  He's got the broad shoulders, strong arms, and lonely Josh Hutcherson eyes; I'm totally in love with my Myreap-cast, right?
Well...the answer to my dad's question is quite anticlimactic.

Myreap's casted after nobody, thus no pictures.

Hahhh...sorry, everyone, sorry sorry sorry, but it's true.  Sad to say, Myreap is not my type of guy; I sort of conjured him out of thin air and did my best to make him seem all hot and stuff, but...ewww...not my type of guy.  (On the other hand, once we get on to Hyn, golden hair, daring eyes, lithe frame, heroic aura, and cocky attitude, oh, buddy...yes.)  Again, if you have a picture that you think works, I would totally love to see it and use it to polish up my mediocre description.  :)

That aside, I wanted to make a small tip at the end of this post for the rest of you who are more devoted authors than devoted fans.
Honestly, I had a HARD time with this chapter.  I've never been to a formal dance.  Ever.  I'm a homeschooler who has virtually attended a lockdown drill and has physically attended tornado and fire drills, but I've never actually been to a prom.  I can't say I've ever been pinned up against a wall by a man, and I feel like its been eons since I last crushed on a guy.
I had no inspiration for this chapter...period.
Nonetheless, I learned that, sometimes, imagination is a good platform for writing without inspiration.  From there, an editor can help you polish up the unrealistic factors of your chapter, but you should never get writer's block due to lack of experience.  Also, if you're stuck with lack of experience, Youtube is awesome, and Google has yet to fail me.  Again, pictures and music work wonders when it comes to gaining creativity.  If you're stuck, you could also talk it over with a friend or parent or sibling, since two heads (or even one and a half) are always better than one.  x)

Write on!
Clove

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! I love to hear about casting! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, same here. This portion of casting was seriously difficult though...I still can't find anyone for Myreap. If you've got a suggestion, feel free. :)

      Delete