Sick.
Of.
Clichés.
*clears throat with a pointed glare*
Hi, everyone.
Is anyone else tired of editing out there? *raises hand* IIIiii aaam. Studying for the grammar section of the PSAT to me is like doing excruciating story-editing work for hours on end, only worse, because the PSAT authors are such genius idiots that they can make sentences with absolutely NOOO structure or sense whatsoever so that you can't figure out the answer because you can't even understand their original point IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Super fun stuffs.
You know what else is super fun?
A CLOVECHÉ.
Yes, I know what you're thinking right now. "Ummm...Clove...aren't you thinking of a cliché?", but, no, I'm not. I'm definitely thinking of a Cloveché, which is my newest invention. See, clichés are when you settle for being lazy and using a common phrase when you could instead better impress and inspire your reader with beautiful description and abnormally strung-together adjectives.
A Cloveché, however, is a positive term, used when you take a cliché and give it a fun spin.
For example:
CLICHÉ: She was afraid of her own shadow.
CLOVECHÉ: She was afraid of her own shadow, and her own shadow was afraid of itself.
CLICHÉ: His heart skipped a beat.
CLOVECHÉ: His heart skipped so many beats that he almost died.
CLICHÉ: It was too good to be true.
CLOVECHÉ: It was too good that, whether it was true or not, she snapped at the opportunity, assuming that she'd enjoy it before the hallucination faded away.
CLICHÉ: He was as old as the hills.
CLOVECHÉ: He was older than the hills' great-grandparents.
CLICHÉ: Every cloud has a silver lining.
CLOVECHÉ: His heart skipped so many beats that he almost died.
CLICHÉ: It was too good to be true.
CLOVECHÉ: It was too good that, whether it was true or not, she snapped at the opportunity, assuming that she'd enjoy it before the hallucination faded away.
CLICHÉ: He was as old as the hills.
CLOVECHÉ: He was older than the hills' great-grandparents.
CLICHÉ: Every cloud has a silver lining.
CLOVECHÉ: Every cloud has a silver lining, she knew, but, of course, in the torrential rain, she wasn't able to view the money-making cloud-lacing.
CLICHÉ: She woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
CLOVECHÉ: She woke up on the wrong side of the bed, stepped on a Lego, and immediately hit her head on her nightstand.
Recently, my sarcasm has reached a peak, so I've been using far too many of these, but I like them, and I probably won't ever take them out because they exhibit such ingenuity, humor, and wit. No more of those ridiculous clichés~
Now that you know about Clovechés, you will never go back.
CLICHÉ: She woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
CLOVECHÉ: She woke up on the wrong side of the bed, stepped on a Lego, and immediately hit her head on her nightstand.
Recently, my sarcasm has reached a peak, so I've been using far too many of these, but I like them, and I probably won't ever take them out because they exhibit such ingenuity, humor, and wit. No more of those ridiculous clichés~
Now that you know about Clovechés, you will never go back.
MWAHAHAH--write on.
Clove
Heh heh heh...reminds me of Charissacizing. Except instead of music, you're doing it to common phrases. :)
ReplyDeleteHAH~ I guess I must like individualism or something. x)
Delete