7.31.2014

My newest conclusion

Well, I hit writer's block about as hard as any author can.  Literally nothing that I put down I liked, and nothing that I edited seemed to improve.  Naturally, all of this has been slightly scaring me in consideration of the fact that I have four more days left to write, and then my junior year of school starts.

And everyone knows that your junior year is the hardest academically...

Yay for Chemistry!
Yay for Algebra II!
Yay for AP Music Theory!   (...which I thought I'd have some head start on since I have been in music for years now, but...apparently not, according to my Music Theory textbook, which proved to me that I'm basically a music noob still...)

Anyway, my first class is on Wednesday, the 4th of August, so, if I don't post here until May of 2015, you guys will know what happened to me.



I got devoured by the mythical creature called School.



However, I have come across one conclusion that has helped me tremendously when it comes to writing while in writer's block:

Instead of writing according to an outline all the time and only writing for the set projects that you have, just write whatever you want until you get out of writer's block.

...I don't know.  That sounded a lot more profound when I was thinking of it in my head.  x)  Basically, though, instead of trying to feel what your characters need to be feeling, you get to feel more according to yourself (who should be your greatest source of inspiration as an author).  You're also allowing your mind to get out of a routine, critical view of your writing, and your writing is more creative and raw, rather than overly refined.

Anyway, that's just something I've found helpful.  While you're at it, you might even discover some interesting things about yourself, who knows?

I certainly have.  x)

But...more of my writing to come...eventually...  x)

Write on!
Clove

No comments:

Post a Comment