6.09.2015

#4, written 6/1/2015 - A Rose for A Wink


Roses are red
Violets are blue
You winked again.
Now what to do?

I will not think
of future days
or act like I
could be okay

I must not sleep
I should not dream --
for you are not
yet next to me

and, more, oh love,
I'm scared of this:
of losing you
of all my sins

for I have spilt
your rose-red blood,
my violet tears.

What have I done?

-- I've sinned too much.

This guilt surely
can be remised
by vows only --

-- but you hate ties,
so I'm a weed
to snag you down
to thorny me.

Why try to keep
that which I've known
will leave for good
when we're all grown?

Just, as I said:

-- remember me --

a fading rose,
as you, dear, leave.

I will not let
pain master me,
so break my heart.
I'll bloom freely.

These final storms
will prove to us
how well we've learned
to prune our lust.


-- yes.


Roses are red,
violets are blue and --

Friend.

If you want,
I'll wait for you.

~ ~ ~

Written raw - 1:00 A.M. to 2:00 A.M.

Write on!
Clove

No comments:

Post a Comment