10.04.2013

And now...for a random collection of poems!


Yearbook - Megan Koh
We quietly think
The thoughts of our age,
The thoughts that unlock
Each trial they made.

Yet silence brings naught but false hope left to rot,
So speak what we be,
Finding words that agree.
Agree to make more and agree to speak out?
Our words will create
More noise than a shout.

So shout we our thoughts
For a change,
For a part.
We won’t leave this world
Without leaving our hearts.

~ ~ ~

No Longer - Megan Koh

Take what I am,
Take who I be,
Take who I love,
Be contrary.
I start my dreams,
You steal them all,
You run my life,
My life you stall.
Do I have life?
Do I have breath?
All thanks to you,
I am not let
To run, to leap,
To climb, to FIGHT.
I always run,
Am put to flight.
I turn around,
About my face,
For you do not,
Control my fate.
So gag my mouth.
My cause, I speak.
I am now strong,
No longer weak.
I stand my ground,
Firm and alone,
My body strong,
Strong to the bone.

~ ~ ~

Hearts - Megan Koh
I tried.
I cried.
When they
Tore You
Away,
I strayed.
We may
Not go
Back home.
We had
It all.
So glad,
We were.
Carefree,
So pleased...
Each day
Better
Than before.

Powers
Defied
Our love.
Towers
Of strength
would shove.
We fought
To not
Let go.
Our love
Is all
I know.
But then,
They killed...
Killed...You...
They’ll kill
Me too.

Before
They kill,
Torture
Comes first.
The thirst
For You,
The pain
It grew,
But I
Still see
Your face.
Decree
My death?
That's grace.
Torture
Can last
Only
So long.
Soon, I'm gone.

I see
The sun,
The rain.
We run,
Are lain
On sand,
Guiltless,
Painless.
Your face,
Unmarred,
Unscarred.
You trace
Fingers
On lips.
Never
Did they
Ever
Let me
See you
Again.

But when life leaves me,
I will not lightly
Let go of your hands.
I'll stand with you.
And our King,
To sing,
His praises.
Raise His,
Name on high.
And there, in security,
After all the pain that we've been through,
I can say that...
I still love you.

Write on!
Clove
P.S. Was that too drab and mawkish for you?  Here, have one of my favourite (with a 'u' because British people are awesome) poems that I found on the internet:
Mustard - Anonymous
Let us go, then, you and I,
While the night lies in the sky,
Like a smear of mustard
On an old
Pork
...pie?
M.u.s.t.a.r.d.f.t.w.





2 comments:

  1. I loved those but I have to say that Hearts is by far my favorite. I felt a personal connection so keep up with the poems. Oh and just to note most people don't like long poems. Just saying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thanks! And I know what you mean about long poems... :P "Hearts" just seems long because it's mostly in Iambic Dimeter, a meter that has two syllables per line. x) Mrs. Beavin from Comp I at VPSA challenged me to use it for a poetry slam that we did. :D

      Delete