10.16.2013

DWBSN

Death Would Be So Near.
I think I had as many fans for that book as I had haters.  I'm also pretty sure all of my fans were haters and all of my haters were fans.
Ladies and gents...

ROMANCE.

I've had a few of you - not too many, but enough to make me want to post this - come and ask me what exactly is DWBSN and what exactly Deidre is doing in the propter (prologue/chapter) of my new book.

Synopsis:
DWBSN is a romance book.  I wrote the book when I was 12-13, and I had no idea what on earth love was except that I felt little kicks in my chest every time a special someone (STOP LAUGHING) showed up at church.  Yupp.  That was basically the premise for this story.
Deidre Keane, typical female teenager, lives in a flooding, glacier-less world where the single "President" called the "Baradon" is killing off people randomly to preserve the limited amount of resources...you know, it's the typical "we've hit a logistic rate and now we kill you" type plot.
Except there's SKAIN.
Long ebony hair, pale skin, frequently clothed in black, wielding wicked daggers, totally lithe and solid as stone, charming, seductive, and just plain masculine.
Skain Wolfe, less typical male teenager, is hired as Caretaker (synonymous with "babysitter-who-can-handle-weapons-like-a-beast")  for the Keane's because Deidre's old Caretaker was MURDERED.  In the first chapter.  Yupp.
The same government soldiers who killed Deidre's old Caretaker come to her town and end up killing her parents.  (Don't ask how...my 12 year old brain didn't think that far.)  Skain, in a heroic attempt to save Deidre and Diane (Deidre's younger sister), whisks them away into a forest where they meet *gasp* an insurrection base which is *gasp* based in a CAVE.

*headdesk*
*headdesk*
*headdesk*

Look.
I stole SOOO much out of the Hunger Games for this story that it's not even funny.  Basically, I had my Katniss figure (Deidre) and paired her up with a Gale figure (Skain) instead of a Peeta figure.
Why Gale?

BECAUSE
NO ONE LIKES YOU, PEETA.  JUST...
...just...go bake bread or something.  x)

The story continues in a mess of nonsensical jibberish about Skain acting like he's fallen in love with another girl in order to save Deidre's life.  Yupp.  Skain also kills Diane and nearly kills Deidre to save his OWN sister, but he doesn't because he loves her, and then, after the insurrection base kills the Baradon, there turns out to be an even badder bad guy named Rassc who captures Deidre to get Skain to do what he wants and.....

YEAH.

IT WAS HORRIBLE.
I really missed out on the motives bit of my story.  My bad guys were just BAD, and my romance was just ROMANCE.  I had a blast writing it, but I doubt if I ever should have peer-published it.  There was no reason for it, so I quit working on the story and have the pieces saved in the dark, dusty corners of my internet space.

Now what on earth do I plan to do with it?

Well...
Like I said, I had a blast writing it, and I think that was because my characters were so dang cool.  I intend to rewrite a plot that better befits my characters and sequel my current story.  A few ideas have popped in my head, but I'm not thinking too hard about it.
If you have any ideas or any thoughts of what you WISHED had happened in DWBSN, do tell, and I'll file them away to be considered more deeply.  :)

Write on!
Clove

6 comments:

  1. Um..sounds like a good plot to me! :) I want to read it!!!!! Please? And, I liked Peeta better than Gale, just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOO. Do not be deceived my beloved! Hahahaha, the plot was horrible, and I don't even have a good copy to give you; half of it is very edited, the other half is very raw. You don't want those inconsistencies, believe you me. :D

      AND WHY PEETA?!

      Delete
  2. Gale was not so good in the second book. Actually he was bad. He didn't really understand what Katniss went through in the Games, but Peeta did. Besides, everyone knew in their hearts that Katniss had to choose Peeta. I mean, he endured torture to protect her from the Capitol in book three.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good overall id be into reading it. Also Gale was way better than peeta. Gale should've had a way bigger part. Just saying anyway good storyline otherwise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, all you Peeta haters, I'm done. *turns on heel and closes the computer* Jkjk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, don't make me do a post on Peeta, Jordan, because you know I totally will. x) Some of my other blogging friends actually had a mini-debate on Peeta V.S. Gale...we should do that. XD

    ReplyDelete