10.12.2013

CHAPTER 2 - Author's Notes

To quote a famous Youtuber, yah-ah-ah-ow, peoples, what is up?

Since this is a blog, not a publishing corner, I thought I'd give you all some notes for the chapter that I put out for the month of October.  I'll try to do this monthly, so you can see my inspiration draws, comments, casted characters, and anything else that I decide to throw here.  ^.^  This is kind of the frosting on the cake, the cherry on the sundae, or the fire on the flan de leche, if you will.

Anyway, for Chapter 2, the first thing I wanted to put up was a funny anecdote about Millis Rider, my little brother, and me: it just so happened that as I was looking for a character cast for Millis, Google searching images of "Spanish soccer players" (since when I tried "Spanish actors", all I got was Selena Gomez and Antonio Banderas...blech), my little brother bursts into the office.

Joe: "Whatcha lookin' at?"
Me: "I'm casting Millis."
Joe: "You're fishing?"  (Yeah, he's all smart like that.  x))
Me: "No, casting characters.  It's like when you find a picture of someone who you think accurately depicts a story character."
Joe: "Oh...so like if you ever made your book into a movie."
Me: "Ehhh...kind of.  Except the purpose isn't to get characters for a movie; it's to help you better describe your character."

Twelve year old goofball that he is, Joe thought he could find a better picture than the one I got, so while reading an article for Shapeways, an engineering/3-D printing service - I already told you; he's all smart like that - he found the author of the post and thought it looked like Millis.

Want to see the picture?

Here is what my little brother believes Millis Rider looks like...ehehe...

I just laughed when he showed it to me.  xD

"Why are you laughing?!" my brother demanded, "He has dark hair and stubble, just like you said!  And he's even wearing black!"

Heehee.

Anyway, I think I already mentioned this in an earlier post, but my cast for Millis Rider is Cesc Fabregas, a soccer player.



As for Hyn, I can't say I'm completely decided yet...I haven't found anyone who is the perfect combination of loyalty, charm, and power.  For a while, I was thinking about Jake Weisler, a friend of a friend's brother, who does hilarious Youtube videos like this...


(Jake is the one with the gun.)
But Hyn actually has blue eyes, and Jake has brown eyes...also, Jake's hair is a little too brown to be gold.  -.-  I'll come up with someone, someday, somehow...  ;)

Aside from casting, I got a lot of my inspiration for Chapter 2 from the first episode of Sync, a Youtube series by Corridor Digital.  They do interesting VFX things like this...


As for why I'm not posting the actual episode here?  Well, it's got a lot of adult language and killing, and if that's not you're thing...
Anyway, just trying to keep it G-rated.  :)

Other than that, I don't think I have a lot of other comments to make about Chapter 2.  Sorry to all the females reading out there that this post was so oriented around men.  The next chapter, I'll have some more girly stuff...dances, crushes, and death threats.   Muahahah!

Write on!
Clove

2 comments:

  1. When you were scrolling through and saw Cesc Fabregas, did you go, "Ohhhhhh!" And become his best fan? Or am I the only one who does that? (Colin Morgan did that to me. He came on screen and I went, "Ohhhhh!") The other guy that your brother chose looks like a villain's side kick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, just about. Gah, I probably shouldn't put this on the internet for all to see, but he's so stinking cute! x) I think he got an award for the like the Hottest Soccer Player or something...anyway... *goofy laugh*

      Ohhh...good inspiration! A villain's side kick...hmmm...I might just use that. XD

      Delete